Staircase: (noun) A flight or series of flights of steps and a supporting structure connecting separate levels. That is how we all define a stairs and that is how we all use a stairs. We can go up and down some steps from one level to another. Period. But is that all?
Actually, no. There is more to a staircase than merely a flight of steps. It can also be perfect as storage. The good news is, there is more than one way to do it.
1. This staircase in the Camperdown House designed by Henarise Pty Ltd is indeed a good way to store stuffs.
2. Solid wood with a dark stain were used for this staircase storage in the Manhattan Micro Loft.
3. The Esker Haus in Italy has a unique design but it also boasts this elegant version of a stair storage they have in the house.
4. Since the staircase is not part of the budget of this house and the rooftop view is just too good to pass up, the bookcase was designed as a staircase too!
5. A creative mezzanine bedroom in the East Village Studio is also equipped with drawers on the staircase.
6. Not just drawers can be placed under the stairs but most of the tall cabinets and even the refrigerator!
7. These stairs in M Lofts has an alternate tread design with triangular geometry of the tread, riser and stringer. Open spaces are good for providing storage.
8. The home of Fabiana and Rocco features a piano-like staircase with several pullout drawers of varying sizes .
9. Adding drawers of different sizes will be a good way to utilize the space under the stairs.
10. Grove Avenue uses pullout storage for their kitchen pantry!
11. Not just built in drawers for storage under the stairs are seen here but even a cat litter box enclosure.
12. Note that the staircase is designed with different levels which can be accessed by stepping on the tread one foot at a time. Under it is a storage perfect for whatever you think you could add to it.
13. An amazing book-lined staircase is used to access a new loft bedroom lit by roof lights in a small apartment.
14. You can also make the storage simple like this one for a pantry. Finish it with a stunning color and poof! You get a lovely under staircase area!
15. A slated alternating tread staircase designed by Adam Jirkal, Jerry Kozaa, and Tomáš Kalhous doubles up as a clever and aesthetically pleasing bookshelf.
So, if you have a wasted space under your staircase, use it. If you lack storage space, add drawers to your staircase. Today, your definition of staircase will surely be changed. It isn’t merely a series of a flight of steps but it can also be a flight of steps with storage or maybe a functional, practical, space-saving flight of steps. Great.
FREE TRENDING HOMES IN YOUR INBOX!
Never miss any updates! Subscribe to our feed and we'll send you the latest trending homes right to your inbox daily! Join us Now!